I built this self-balancing robot for a subject at my university. The robot had 2 motors on each side and "balance" itself upright using an implementation of a gyroscope and acceleration sensor and a PID Controller.
In the video above, I talked about my process of making the robot: what the challenges were and how I overcame them. Please leave a comment below if you have any questions or things to add! I am always looking forward to getting feedback!
- 12V 210 RPM DC Motor with wheel, mount and bracket x2
- Dual H Bridge L298N DC Stepper Motor Driver
- MPU-6050 3 Axis Accelerometer Gyroscope Sensor
- HC-05 Wireless Bluetooth RF Serial Transceiver
- Arduino Uno R3 (ATMega328P)
- 11.1V RC LiPo Battery Pack
You can find it on my GitHub
My original documentation of the project (for the subject I was studying)
The AutoCAD drawing of the robot's frame